In this audio clip, Dr. Bernstein answers a frequently asked question. Can tingling on the scalp be an indication of genetic hair loss?
Listen to this 35 second clip:
In Early Hair Loss Is Scalp Tingling Related To Hair Thinning?
Here is the transcript of this audio clip:
We never thought that male pattern hair loss, or genetic hair loss, was an inflammatory process, but it actually is. Patients, on occasion, will have this sensation of a tingling, or very sensitive feeling in their scalp. And this is often a very early indicator of genetic hair loss. What’s interesting is when patients start to use therapy with either finasteride — the brand name is Propecia — or minoxidil — commonly called Rogaine, these symptoms will go away.
- Can I Have A Consultation At Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration If I Live Outside Of The NYC Area?
- Diffuse Patterned & Unpatterned Hair Loss Treatment
- When Should I Speak To A Hair Restoration Physician?
- Why Hair Loss Patients Choose Bernstein Medical For Treatment
- How Hair Restoration Can Restore One’s Self Esteem
Tags: Early Hair Loss, Genetic Hair Loss, Hair Loss and Scalp Tingling, Hair Transplant Video Q&A, Male Pattern Hair Loss, Medical Treatment of Hair Loss, Propecia (Finasteride), Rogaine (Minoxidil)
Browse Hair Transplant Videos by topic: