Dr. Mehmet Oz invited Dr. Bernstein to appear on the Dr. Oz Show to discuss the ‘taboo’ subject of hair loss in women, and its causes and diagnosis.
Dr. Bernstein used a densitometer to evaluate the hair loss of a female member of the audience. The device enables a physician to determine the amount of genetic thinning present in the patient’s scalp by looking for miniaturized hair follicles. Dr. Bernstein also commented on treating hair loss with low level laser therapy (LLLT) through the use of a lasercomb device.
Dr. Oz and Dr. Bernstein are colleagues at The New York Presbyterian Hospital of Columbia University. They first appeared together on the Oprah Winfrey Show where Dr. Bernstein explained his new hair transplant techniques to Oprah.
The episode is titled, “3 Health Taboos For Women Over 40: Exposed,” and it first aired on April 7th, 2010. It is from Season 1, Episode #130 of the Dr. Oz Show.
- What is Follicular Unit Excision?
- Can I Have A Consultation At Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration If I Live Outside Of The NYC Area?
- Simultaneous Robotic Incision and Manual Extraction
- Dr. Bernstein Preparing A Low Cholesterol Meal
- Bernstein Medical: About Our Practice in NYC
Tags: Densitometer, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Oz Show, Dr. Robert M. Bernstein, Female Hair Loss, Hair Loss in Women, Lasercomb, Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT), Miniaturization, Oprah Winfrey Show, Women's Hair Loss Taboo
Browse Hair Transplant Videos by topic: