Q: Is it possible to use the strip technique with the extraction technique together? If so, would that hide the scar enough for me to wear my hair really short? — J.J., Austin, TX
A: The combination of Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) used the way you are suggesting does make sense and is actually how I originally envisioned the two procedures to work together.
The camouflage of the donor scar will probably never be necessary, but if it is desired, it should be postponed until after the last FUT procedure. FUE will make it possible for most people to wear their hair very short.
- Why Visit a Practice That Specializes in Both FUT and FUE?
- Is FUE or FUT Better for an MMA Fighter?
- What Is Your Opinion on Doctors Performing Only FUT or Only FUE?
- If I Was Told That I Am Not A Good Candidate For An FUT Procedure Can I Have FUE?
- Why Recommend FUT Not FUE If I Have No Linear Scar?
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.