Q: I am an MMA fighter and I want to get a hair transplant. How long do I have to be out of commission and which type of procedure should I have, FUE or FUT? — J.A., Columbus, OH
A: With any type of hair transplant it takes 10 days for the transplanted grafts to be permanently fixed in place. The difference between FUE and FUT is in the limitations of activity due to the donor area. With FUE one would need to abstain from MMA for the same 10 days it takes the recipient area to heal (the grappling component of Mixed Martial Arts is the most stressful on the scalp). With FUT, however, one would need at least three months for the linear donor scar to heal before one could resume contact sports like MMA.
- Why Visit a Practice That Specializes in Both FUT and FUE?
- What Is Your Opinion on Doctors Performing Only FUT or Only FUE?
- If I Was Told That I Am Not A Good Candidate For An FUT Procedure Can I Have FUE?
- Why Recommend FUT Not FUE If I Have No Linear Scar?
- Why FUT Hair Transplant For One Person, FUE For Another?
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.