In Early Hair Loss Is Scalp Tingling Related To Hair Thinning?April 28th, 2012
In this audio clip, Dr. Bernstein answers a frequently asked question. Can tingling on the scalp be an indication of genetic hair loss?
Listen to this 35 second clip:
In Early Hair Loss Is Scalp Tingling Related To Hair Thinning?
Here is the transcript of this audio clip:
We never thought that male pattern hair loss, or genetic hair loss, was an inflammatory process, but it actually is. Patients, on occasion, will have this sensation of a tingling, or very sensitive feeling in their scalp. And this is often a very early indicator of genetic hair loss. What’s interesting is when patients start to use therapy with either finasteride — the brand name is Propecia — or minoxidil — commonly called Rogaine, these symptoms will go away.
- Diffuse Patterned & Unpatterned Hair Loss Treatment
- Link Between Baldness and Heart Disease Reported On CBS News
- When Should I Speak To A Hair Restoration Physician?
- Why Hair Loss Patients Choose Bernstein Medical For Treatment
- How Hair Restoration Can Restore One’s Self Esteem
Topic: Hair Loss
Tags: Early Hair Loss, Genetic Hair Loss, Hair Loss and Scalp Tingling, Hair Transplant Video Q&A, Male Pattern Hair Loss, Medical Treatment of Hair Loss, Propecia (Finasteride), Rogaine (Minoxidil) Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on April 28th, 2012 at 9:53 am