The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. Our office safety policies follow the latest CDC and government COVID-19 guidelines.
Bernstein Medical is a COVID-protected facility.
Safety policies for patients:
- All surgical patients must complete a rapid swab test 14 days prior to surgery.
- Patients who are sick or have had exposure to COVID-19 will be rescheduled.
- Patients should arrive in our office wearing masks or comparable face covering.
- All patients and staff are required to wear masks.
- Patient temperatures will be checked via forehead scanners upon arrival to the office.
- We have reorganized our office to maximize cleanliness and we have altered workflows to allow social distancing for patients.
- We are asking patients to arrive at their appointment alone.
- Online consultations will be available for patients who are unable to come to the office at this time.
- If you have access to testing, we are asking you to be tested for COVID-19 prior to you appointment. We will assist you in arranging this.
Safety policies for office & staff:
- All of our staff have completed training on all new workflows and infection prevention measures.
- All of our clinical staff are wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) during patient interactions.
- Exam rooms are sanitized before and after every patient.
- All staff are screened for symptoms and have temperature checks prior to working.
Keeping the Air Clean
In order to protect our patients, doctors and staff, we have installed a UV purification system to reduce potential exposure to COVID-19.
This advanced system uses the energy from a specially designed, high-intensity UV-C lamp to reduce microorganisms in the entire office as they cycle through the HVAC system.
The UV lamp mounted inside the air duct neutralizes a microorganism’s DNA and stops it from replicating. The UV system sterilizes or kills most contaminants as they pass by the lamp. It is especially effective in destroying viruses.
Here are additional benefits of our air filtration system:
- Removes contaminants from air ducts
- Reduce spore count
- Helps to eliminate bacteria and viruses
- Optimize energy-efficiency