Q: It had been 5 months since my hair transplant. I only see minimal growth of maybe a few hundred fine hairs. My transplant consisted of 2,217 grafts. Could you give me your opinion if this is normal or is it a failed hair transplant? — L.D., Miami, F.L.
A: It is too early to tell. Hair grows in very gradually with great variability from person to person.
Some patients only have a little fuzz at five months and then have great growth by one year.
You really need to wait the full 12 months to evaluate the success of the hair restoration.
- Is Hair from the Donor Area or Zone Permanent or Will It Thin with Age?
- Does Minoxidil Improve Graft Survival After a Hair Transplant?
- After Hair Transplant What Is Normal Growth Cycle of Hair?
- When Will I See Full Results Of Hair Transplant?
- When Will Newly Transplanted Hair Start To Grow?
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.