Q: How are grafts distributed in a hair transplant? Are they distributed evenly? — B.V., Jersey City, NJ
A: Actually, we don’t make the transplanted hair evenly distributed. It is usually front weighted, so that the hair restoration will look most full when looking at the person head on.
For a more detailed discussion of this topic, view our page on recipient sites in a follicular unit hair transplant. Also, read the publication written by Dr. Bernstein in 1997 which became the industry benchmark for aesthetics in hair transplant surgery, “Aesthetics of Follicular Transplantation.”
- Can you use a hair transplant to treat radiation-induced permanent hair loss in pediatric patients?
- Will Scalp Laxity Exercises Better Prepare Me for FUT Surgery?
- Can Women That Are Breastfeeding Have A Hair Transplant?
- Would A Hair Transplant In Turkey Be Performed Just By Technicians?
- Can a Hair Transplant Treat an African-American Woman with Scarring Alopecia?
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.