Q: Why did you write another book on hair loss? — K.L., Greenville NY
A: Hair Loss and Replacement for Dummies is the first book that we have written that is specifically geared for the lay public. Besides hair restoration, it covers a wide range of topics including: the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions that can cause hair loss, tips on hair care, information on hair systems, and a number of other topics not stressed in our other books.
Our prior books, The Patient’s Guide to Hair Restoration and The Guide to Hair Restoration focused on medical treatments and surgical hair restoration. Although very easy to understand, they are most helpful for someone that already has a basic understanding of hair loss or that had a consultation.
- Can you use a hair transplant to treat radiation-induced permanent hair loss in pediatric patients?
- If I Am Starting to Thin, Should I Have A Hair Transplant Or Try Medication First?
- Can Resistance Training Accelerate Hair Loss?
- Why Am I Still Losing Hair (Shedding) After 6 Months on Minoxidil And Finasteride?
- What is the Incidence of Hair Loss in Adults?