Q: When can I wash my hair after a hair restoration procedure?
A: If a follicular unit hair transplant is performed so that there is a “snug fit” between the graft and the incision into which it is placed, the grafts are reasonably secure the day after the procedure.
At this time, gently washing your scalp with lightly flowing water and a patting (rather than rubbing) motion is permitted. Vigorous rubbing, however, will dislodge the grafts.
Over the course of the week the grafts become more secure, and at 10 days post-op they are permanent. At this time, normal scrubbing of the scalp is permitted.
- I am an African-American Woman with a Failed Transplant. Should I Have Another Hair Transplant to Correct the First One?
- Why Is My Hair Dry And Kinky After My Hair Transplant?
- Why Is It Important to Wash My Scalp After a Hair Transplant?
- If There is Some Bleeding at the Graft Site, Will it Affect Growth?
- Can Pulling Out Transplanted Hair Effect Growth After Hair Transplant?