If There is Some Bleeding at the Graft Site, Will it Affect Growth?October 24th, 2012
Q: I am currently 8 days post op. I started to massage my hair in the shower to get rid of the scabs. When I was done I looked in the mirror and saw two of my transplanted hairs were slightly bleeding but still intact. What does that mean? Did I lose the grafts?
A: If they bleed, but were not dislodged (i.e. did not come out), they should grow fine. Just be gentle for the next week. Generally, when follicular unit transplantation is performed with tiny sites (19-21 gauge needles) the grafts are permanent at 10 days. Since I did not perform your procedure and am not familiar with the technique your doctor actually used, I would give it the extra few days.
- Can Pulling Out Transplanted Hair Effect Growth After Hair Transplant?
- How Can I Make a Hair Transplant Less Obvious Post-op?
- Is it Normal to be Shedding Three Months After a Hair Transplant?
- After Hair Transplant, Can I Sleep Normally?
- Can Scabs Harm Hair Transplant Two Weeks After Procedure?
Tags: Bleeding After Hair Transplant, Follicular Unit Transplant, FUT, Graft Dislodgement After Hair Transplant, Grafts Permanent Ten Days After Hair Transplant, Growth After Hair Transplant, Instructions After Your Hair Restoration Surgery, Post-op, Scabbing, Scalp Bleeding, Scalp Crusting After Hair Transplant, Shower After Hair Transplant Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on October 24th, 2012 at 2:41 pm