After Hair Transplant, is it OK to Pop or Scratch Pimples on Scalp?February 11th, 2009
Q: I have read that you can get pimples/ingrown hairs after 3-5 months post op. Is it ok if you pop or scratch these areas?
A: It is common to get small pimples that begin to erupt 2-3 months post-op. These are due to newly growing hairs trying to work their way through the skin. The pimples are transient and should be left to resolve on their own.
If they persist, you should see your doctor. Persistent inflamed pimples can be treated with antibiotics and may occasionally need to be drained.Related Posts:
- If There is Some Bleeding at the Graft Site, Will it Affect Growth?
- Can Pulling Out Transplanted Hair Effect Growth After Hair Transplant?
- How Can I Make a Hair Transplant Less Obvious Post-op?
- Is it Normal to be Shedding Three Months After a Hair Transplant?
- After Hair Transplant, Can I Sleep Normally?
Tags: Ingrown Hair, Pimples, Post-op Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on February 11th, 2009 at 9:54 am