About Bernstein Medical
New York Center for Hair Restoration
110 East 55th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10022
Bernstein Medical, P.C. is a state-of-the-art hair restoration facility and international hair loss referral center dedicated to the treatment of hair loss in men and women using the most advanced technologies. Founded by world-renowned hair restoration innovator and surgeon Dr. Robert M. Bernstein in 2005, Bernstein Medical is located in midtown Manhattan, New York City.
Hair transplant surgery is performed using the Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) techniques that Dr. Bernstein pioneered. All FUE procedures are performed using the ARTAS® Robotic Hair Transplant system. We take pride in providing the highest level of treatment and care for our patients.
Services We Provide
- Physician Consultation & Diagnostic Evaluation of Hair Loss
- Photo Consultation for Patients Outside the NYC area
- Robotic Hair Transplantation (R-FUE)
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Repair of Prior Hair Transplants
- Restoration of hair lost from face and brow-lifts
- Eyebrow and Sideburn Transplantation
- Medical Treatment of Hair Loss
- A comprehensive website that is a leading resource on hair loss and hair restoration
- A Bernstein Medical Mobile App (iPhone / Android)
Reception Area with Staff
How We Provide Our Services
You will meet with one of our board certified physicians who will perform a thorough evaluation of your hair loss and provide an honest assessment of your medical and surgical options. Treatment recommendations will be based solely on what is best for you, and hair transplant surgery will only be recommended when surgical treatment is medically indicated.
If you are indicated for a hair transplant, you will have ample opportunity to ask questions and review information about the procedure, pre-op/post-op instructions, and post-op care. Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedures are performed by Dr. Bernstein and Dr. Wolfeld. We perform surgery with meticulous attention to detail, and we provide long-term follow-up. All FUE procedures use the innovative, computer-driven ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant system. If you are not a candidate for a hair transplant, medical treatments may be recommended to block or potentially reverse hair loss.
Our expert clinical assistants, who are among the best and most experienced in the world, have been personally trained by Dr. Bernstein and Dr. Wolfeld to assist in performing the FUT and R-FUE procedures that he helped pioneer. Our staff are all full-time employees. Many of them have been with the practice for over a decade.
Our state-of-the-art facility complies with OSHA and HIPAA Compliance Regulations, has up-to-date accreditation by the AAAHC, and is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.
- Learn about Surgical Hair Restoration
- View Before and After Hair Transplant Photos
- Please read our FAQs on Hair Transplantation, Robotic Hair Transplants and Bernstein Medical
- Read about our New York Hair Restoration Center
- Read Dr. Bernstein’s pioneering medical publications on hair restoration
What you will not find at Bernstein Medical
- Hair transplant recommendations when a transplant is not medically indicated
- Transplants that ignore the prospect of future hair loss
- Surgery using larger grafts or any other outdated technique or instrumentation
- “Medical consultants” or salesmen
- Pushy approach to hair transplant surgery or treatment with medication
- Per-diem or temporary clinical assistants
- We will never share a patient’s name or contact information for any reason. We will never share images of our patients without their prior formal written consent.
We look forward to meeting you and getting you started down the path towards a satisfying hair restoration experience!
Feel free to contact us with any questions.