Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair RestorationWelcome to our state-of-the-art hair restoration facility located in midtown Manhattan, New York City. Bernstein Medical is dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss in men and women using the most advanced technologies. Hair transplant surgery is performed using Dr. Bernstein’s pioneering Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) and Robotic Follicular Unit Extraction (R-FUE) techniques. Visit our center for a private physician consultation to receive an honest assessment of your hair loss and your best possible treatment options. Consultations »
New York Center for Hair RestorationBernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration offers the most advanced diagnostic and therapeutic techniques for the treatment of hair loss. The Center is conveniently located in midtown Manhattan, New York City, close to three international airports and major rail hubs. For our international patients, we offer initial evaluations via photo consultations. Learn more »
Hair TransplantationAll hair transplant procedures performed at Bernstein Medical are based on Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), a technique Dr. Bernstein pioneered, and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), which he introduced into the medical literature with Dr. Rassman. Dr. Bernstein was the first physician on the East Coast to use robotic technology for FUE. He continues to innovate by working with Restoration Robotics, Inc. to refine and improve the ARTAS Robotic System. Learn more about hair transplants »
Patient InformationTo help you get started with an evaluation, new patients will find forms and links for your first visit. There are also links and forms for current medical and surgical patients. Our full-time staff is happy to assist you on the phone, online, or in person. We welcome you to Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration. Visit Patient Information »
Columbia UniversityDr. Bernstein is Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Columbia University in New York and holds an MBA from Columbia Business School. Dr. Bernstein instructs the residents in general dermatology and in the specialized art of surgical hair restoration. His current research is in robotic hair transplantation. In addition to his own research, Dr. Bernstein assists his colleague, Dr. Angela Christiano, in clinical studies on hair cloning and genetics. Read about Dr. Bernstein »
Robert M. Bernstein, MD, FAAD, ABHRS is Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Columbia University in New York and a world renowned hair transplant surgeon. His landmark medical publications on FUT and FUE have revolutionized hair restoration. Dr. Bernstein is respected for his honest and ethical assessment of a patient's options and keen aesthetic sense in hair transplant design. More »
About Dr. Wolfeld
Michael B. Wolfeld, MD is an attending physician at Lenox Hill Hospital on Manhattan's Upper East Side and is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Dr. Wolfeld is nationally published and has lectured extensively on aesthetic surgery. Since joining Bernstein Medical he has trained in the newest technologies in surgical hair restoration including Robotic Follicular Unit Extraction. More »
About Dr. Shah
Sejal Shah, MD, FAAD is an associate at Bernstein Medical and an assistant attending in Dermatology at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, an affiliate of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University. Dr. Shah specializes in hair loss and restoration in women and has initiated clinical trials investigating medical treatments for scarring hair loss. More »
- What is hair transplantation?
- What is Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)?
- What is Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)?
- What is a robotic hair transplant?
- Am I a candidate for a hair restoration procedure?
- Should I choose FUT or FUE?
- ARTAS System vs. Neograft?
- What does a hair transplant cost?
- How long does a procedure take?
- How long does it take to heal?
- How do I set up a consultation?
- Do I meet with the doctor?
- What is a robotic hair transplant?
- A robot is useful for which type of hair transplant?
- What is the benefit of robotic FUE?
- Does a robot perform the entire hair transplant?
- What is the ARTAS System and how does it work?
- How does the ARTAS System compare to Neograft?
- How does recovery from a robotic hair transplant compare to FUT or FUE procedures?
- How long does a robotic procedure take?
- Does the robot work with dark, blonde, gray, curly, white, or ethnic hair?
- Where in NYC is Bernstein Medical located?
- What is the fee for a consultation?
- Who performs hair loss consultations?
- Will the doctor at the consult also perform the surgery?
- How long does a consultation last?
- What if I can't visit your NYC facility for a consult?
- Can I schedule a hair transplant after a photo consult?
- Are lab tests required prior to surgery?
- What can I expect the day of my procedure?
- Does you accept insurance and can I submit for insurance reimbursement?
The ARTAS Robotic System has harvested its 10 Millionth Hair, a major accomplishment for the three-year-old robot. Restoration Robotics attributes the robot's success to rapid adoption by hair transplant industry leaders, like hair restoration pioneer Dr. Robert Bernstein.
Dr. Bernstein discusses the breakthrough technology of the ARTAS Robotic Hair Transplant system -- and how the robot has improved since its initial version -- in an article in Health News Digest.
Dr. Bernstein discusses the benefits of the ARTAS Robot in The Aesthetic Guide. The article examines how Robotic FUE is an improvement over manual FUE hair transplants.
Dr. Bernstein was interviewed on The Bald Truth about robotic hair transplants, the ARTAS Robot, FUE and FUT procedures, and the future of hair restoration.
Dr. Bernstein's two decades of innovation in surgical hair restoration and dedication to his patients have earned him placement in NY Magazine's 2014 'Best Doctors' issue.
- Can I Have Robotic FUE on the Crown at Age 26?
- Can Robotic Recipient Site Creation Yield Natural Looking Transplant?
- Is FUE Scarless Surgery?
- How Does the ARTAS Robot’s Image-Guided System Work?
- Do Propecia And Rogaine Work On The Front Of The Scalp?
- Why Hair Transplants Are Not Appropriate For Young Patients
- Does Propecia Cause Infertility?
- How Does Minoxidil Work? A Review Of Recent Research
- Can A Hair Transplant Completely Replace My Lost Hair?
- Can A Hair Transplant Damage Existing Hair Follicles?
- Can You Transplant More Grafts With Robotic FUE Or Manual FUE?