- PRP INSTRUCTIONS
- Download the pdf
There are some minor preparations before Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) treatment at Bernstein Medical.
The following instructions are organized according to the days and weeks before your procedure.
Prior To Your PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Treatment
- If you are taking any blood thinners, please let the doctor know immediately, as they may represent a contra-indication to this treatment. These medications include Plavix, Coumadin and Heparin
- You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed prior to the treatment.
- If possible, please refrain from, or minimize, smoking three days prior to and one day after the treatment. Smoking may impact healing and oxygen delivery to the scalp, therefore, your results may be improved the longer you are able to stop smoking before and after the treatment.
- Prescription medications (including heart and blood pressure medication) should be taken as prescribed right up to, and including, the day of and the day after your treatments.
- Minimize alcoholic consumption the day prior and after your PRP treatment as this may lead to bruising.
The Morning of Your Treatment
- Shower the morning of your treatment and wash your hair very thoroughly using your regular shampoo. Do not apply sprays, gels, or any other styling products to your hair. If you wear a hair system, please remove it prior to shampooing and do not wear it before your PRP treatments. Please refrain from hair products, including shampoo and conditioner for 24 hours after your PRP treatment.
- Eat regularly the morning of your treatment and please drink approximately 16 oz of water at least 2 hours prior to your treatment.
- Sedation and anxiolytics are NOT required for PRP treatments.
- Most patients are able to tolerate the procedure well without anesthesia but local anesthetics are available for an additional charge. Feel free to request them.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 212-826-2400.