Q: What is the main difference between NeoGraft and the ARTAS™ robotic system? — H.T., Staten Island, NY
A: The Neograft device is basically a powered FUE tool. It is still done by hand and therefore risks operator induced errors and damage to hair follicles. The ARTAS System, made by Restoration Robotics, uses electronic image-based tracking capabilities to map the individual follicular units. It does so to determine the optimal approach for automated graft harvesting. The robotic harvesting device produces consistently high quality grafts and low dissection rates.
- When is it Best to Feather in Robotic FUE?
- Is Manual FUE Better Than Robotic FUE Because The Physician Can “Feel” The Follicle During Extraction?
- Can I Have Robotic FUE If I Have Gray Hair or Curly Hair?
- How are Recipient Sites Programmed into the ARTAS Robot?
- Will Robotic FUE Reduce the Cost Per Graft for FUE Procedures?
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.