Q: What color hair is the thickest? I thought it was brown, followed by red then blonde? But I am also reading that red is the thickest but redheads have the fewest hairs. –S.F., Cook, Illionis
A: In very general terms, the darker the hair, the thicker it is and the lower the density (hairs per area). For example, Asians have the darkest hair, the highest hair diameter and the lowest density. Scandinavian blonds have very high hair density and the fine (diameter) hair. But there are many exceptions, African Americans have black hair, but it is usually very fine and of low density. I have seen red heads in all categories.
View before and after hair transplant photos organized by the patient’s hair density.
- What Happens To Hair Diameter As You Age?
- Is Hair Thicker In The Summer?
- Does a Hair Transplant Affect the Quality of Your Hair?
- Can You Perform a Hair Transplant in a Hispanic Person with Wavy Hair?
- Can You Perform Hair Transplant with Curly Hair?