Q: I stopped using Rogaine for my hair transplant, when can I start using it again? And would it be any different with the new Rogaine foam. — J.N., London, United Kingdom
A: I would wait at least 7 days to use Rogaine (minoxidil) in either liquid or foam.
The foam has less alcohol and can be irritating when applied to open wounds, but should be fine one week post-op.
- What are your thoughts on topical finasteride?
- How do you best manage the irritation that comes with minoxidil?
- What is your Opinion of the Companies that Advertise Hair Loss Solutions like Hims and Keeps?
- Can Rogaine Cause Miniaturization?
- Are Topical DHT Blockers as Effective as Oral Finasteride?