Q: If I get transplants, do I still have to continue taking Propecia? — P.V., Chelsea, N.Y.
A: Yes, you should.
You do not need finasteride (Propecia) for the hair transplant to work, or the transplanted hair to continue to grow, but finasteride can decrease further hair loss.
- What are your thoughts on topical finasteride?
- How do you best manage the irritation that comes with minoxidil?
- What is your Opinion of the Companies that Advertise Hair Loss Solutions like Hims and Keeps?
- Can Rogaine Cause Miniaturization?
- Are Topical DHT Blockers as Effective as Oral Finasteride?