Q: I had a hair transplant 4 days ago and am feeling itchy in the area where I have my grafts. When can I start massaging the area? — N.D., Warwick, R.I.
A: You can massage at 10 days post-op, as the grafts are firmly in place by this time, but I would not scratch the area for several weeks more, if at all.
Itching can be lessened by applying hydrocortisone 1% ointment to the area twice a day and by taking Benadryl 25mg every 4 to 6 hours (may cause drowsiness). Both medications can be obtained over-the-counter without a prescription.
- Will Scalp Laxity Exercises Better Prepare Me for FUT Surgery?
- What Scalp Exercises are Most Beneficial for Scalp Laxity?
- Is it More Important to Do Scalp Exercises Before First Hair Transplant or Second Hair Transplant?
- How Long Before Hair Transplant Should I Start Scalp Exercises?
- Are Scalp Exercises Before a Hair Transplant Necessary?