Q: Is it necessary to take medications before, during, or after the hair transplant? Will these medications affect pregnancy? — V.M., Fairfield, C.T.
A: It is not necessary to take any medication for a hair transplant other than the local anesthesia used during the procedure.
Although I would not have a hair transplant during pregnancy, the procedure will have no effect on future ones.
- I am an African-American Woman with a Failed Transplant. Should I Have Another Hair Transplant to Correct the First One?
- Can Women That Are Breastfeeding Have A Hair Transplant?
- Do Women Have Less Shock Loss Than Men?
- What is Female Androgenetic Alopecia?
- Is A Hair Transplant For Women Different Or More Difficult Than One For Men?