In Hair Transplant Repair, What is Hair Follicle Survival Rate for Re-implanted Grafts?December 13th, 2016
Q: When you remove hair plugs and re-use the hair from the grafts, what is the survival rate for those follicular units? — W.B. ~ Upper West Side, N.Y.
A: The survival rate is close to that when grafts harvested via FUT or FUE. However, if the grafts are placed into a significantly scarred scalp, this can have a negative impact on growth.
- What is the Difference Between “Hair Transplant Reversal” and “Hair Transplant Repair”?
- Can Hair Transplant “Plugs” be Repaired by Lasers or Electrolysis?
- In Hair Transplant Repair, Do You Always Harvest Additional Hair Via FUT or FUE? Which is Better for Repair Procedures, FUT or FUE?
- In Hair Transplant Repair, Can You Remove Plugs By Follicular Unit Extraction?
- Using the Term “Re-do” in Describing Additional Hair Transplant Repair Procedures
Topic: Hair Transplant Repair
Tags: Graft Survival During Hair Transplant, Hair Plug Repair, Hair Transplant Into Scar, Hair Transplant Repair
Posted by 2016-12-13 Updated 2018-07-03
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.