Q: I am having a facelift next month and also want to have a hair transplant soon after. How long should I wait between procedures? — S.H., Boston, M.A.
A: Although it would be possible to do a hair transplant as soon as a week after a face or brow lift, ideally one should wait at least three months between procedures for the following reasons: 1) there will be less tension in the donor area and, therefore, it will be possible to harvest more grafts, 2) if there is any shedding from the facelift it will make the planning of the hair transplant more difficult, 3) it will leave the option of adding hair, in or around, any problematic surgical scars, and 4) will provide the ability to add hair to any area of thinning that might result from the facelift.
- Can you use a hair transplant to treat radiation-induced permanent hair loss in pediatric patients?
- Will Scalp Laxity Exercises Better Prepare Me for FUT Surgery?
- Can Women That Are Breastfeeding Have A Hair Transplant?
- Would A Hair Transplant In Turkey Be Performed Just By Technicians?
- Can a Hair Transplant Treat an African-American Woman with Scarring Alopecia?
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.