Q: I am an African-American man with tight curly hair. Will the FUE robot be able to work on curly hair? — E.O., Manhattan, N.Y.
A: Yes, the ARTAS robot for FUE can be adapted for African-American hair when performing follicular unit extraction. We use a punch that is 0.1mm wider in diameter than the instrument used for Caucasians. It allows us to incorporate the slightly larger volume of tissue that results from the curved hair and enables us to accomplish the hair transplant with less in jury to follicles than if a smaller instrument were used.
- When is it Best to Feather in Robotic FUE?
- Is Manual FUE Better Than Robotic FUE Because The Physician Can “Feel” The Follicle During Extraction?
- Can I Have Robotic FUE If I Have Gray Hair or Curly Hair?
- How are Recipient Sites Programmed into the ARTAS Robot?
- Will Robotic FUE Reduce the Cost Per Graft for FUE Procedures?
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.