Q: How does a hair transplant prevent hair loss? — M.M., White Plains, N.Y.
A: It doesn’t. Surgical hair restoration does just what it says. It restores hair to an area where the hair has been lost (by borrowing it from an area of greater density that is less important cosmetically, such as the back of the scalp).
To prevent, or slow down, further balding one would need to receive treatment with hair loss medication such as finasteride (Propecia).
- Can you use a hair transplant to treat radiation-induced permanent hair loss in pediatric patients?
- Will Scalp Laxity Exercises Better Prepare Me for FUT Surgery?
- Can Women That Are Breastfeeding Have A Hair Transplant?
- Would A Hair Transplant In Turkey Be Performed Just By Technicians?
- Can a Hair Transplant Treat an African-American Woman with Scarring Alopecia?
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.