Q: Is it ill-advised to comb one’s hair more than twice a day, especially hair that has been transplanted? Will frequent combing induce hair loss?
A: Combing or brushing one’s hair does not cause hair loss – no matter how many times a day you do it. However, constant traction with braids or hair extensions can cause hair loss and this loss can be permanent.
- Going Bald. Do You Perform a Test for LPP (Lichen Planopilaris)?
- Can Hair Loss be Caused by Weight Lifting and Increase in Testosterone Levels?
- Can Stress Cause Diffuse Unpatterned Hair Loss (DUPA)?
- Can Stress Cause Hair Loss or is that a Myth?
- Is Hair Loss in Men Caused by Elevated Testosterone Levels?
Topic: Causes of Hair Loss
Tags: Braids, Brushing Hair, Causes of Hair Loss, Combing Hair, Hair Extensions, Hair Loss, Hair Loss After Transplant, Post-op, Recovery After Hair Transplant, Traction Alopecia, Transplanted Hair Posted by