Can Hair Transplantation Correct Hair Loss From a Facelift?December 15th, 2006
Q: I have had a minor facelift operation and have lost a bit of hair. Have you heard of this before? The areas around the scars are the most effected. What treatments are best for this?
A: Hair loss after a brow, or face lift, is quite common. If it is cosmetically bothersome, a localized hair transplant can correct the problem.
The hair can be transplanted directly into the scar (if the scar is flat) and into any surrounding areas of thinning. The complete correction may take more than one hair restoration session.Related Posts:
- Can You Transplant Cloned Hair Into a Scar?
- Can a Hair Transplant Repair Scarring from Scalp Reduction Surgery?
- Will Hair Transplant Grafts Grow in Scar Tissue on Scalp?
- Can Hair be Transplanted into Scar Tissue from a Prior Transplant?
- Can a Hair Transplant Grow Hair Over a Scar From an Injury?
Topic: Hair Transplant into Scar
Tags: Brow Lift, Facelift, Hair Thinning, Hair Transplant to Camouflage Scar, Multiple Hair Transplant Sessions, Scar Repair, Scar Tissue Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on December 15th, 2006 at 11:43 am