After Hair Transplant, How Long Until I Can Wash My Hair?February 12th, 2009
Q: When can I wash my hair after a hair restoration procedure?
A: If a follicular unit hair transplant is performed so that there is a “snug fit” between the graft and the incision into which it is placed, the grafts are reasonably secure the day after the procedure.
At this time, gently washing your scalp with lightly flowing water and a patting (rather than rubbing) motion is permitted. Vigorous rubbing, however, will dislodge the grafts.
Over the course of the week the grafts become more secure, and at 10 days post-op they are permanent. At this time, normal scrubbing of the scalp is permitted.Related Posts:
- If There is Some Bleeding at the Graft Site, Will it Affect Growth?
- Can Pulling Out Transplanted Hair Effect Growth After Hair Transplant?
- How Can I Make a Hair Transplant Less Obvious Post-op?
- Is it Normal to be Shedding Three Months After a Hair Transplant?
- After Hair Transplant, Can I Sleep Normally?
Tags: Follicular Unit, Follicular Unit Grafts, Follicular Unit Transplant, Graft Dislodgement After Hair Transplant, Grafts Permanent Ten Days After Hair Transplant, Post-op, Shower After Hair Transplant, Snug Fit For Grafts In Recipient Sites Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on February 12th, 2009 at 8:27 am