After Hair Transplant, Do Patients Wear Bandage And If So, For How Long?February 2nd, 2010
Q: Do patients need to wear a bandage after the surgery and for how long?
A: In a properly performed follicular unit hair transplant, the patient can remove any bandages the day after the procedure and gently shower/shampoo the transplanted area. The bandages do not need to be reapplied. The reason the dressing can be removed so soon is that follicular unit grafts fit into tiny needle-size incisions that heal in just one day.Related Posts:
- If There is Some Bleeding at the Graft Site, Will it Affect Growth?
- Can Pulling Out Transplanted Hair Effect Growth After Hair Transplant?
- How Can I Make a Hair Transplant Less Obvious Post-op?
- Is it Normal to be Shedding Three Months After a Hair Transplant?
- After Hair Transplant, Can I Sleep Normally?
Tags: After Your Hair Restoration, Follicular Unit, Follicular Unit Grafts, Hair Transplant Bandages, Incision, Post-op, Post-op Dressing, Scalp Healing, Shampoo After Hair Transplant, Shower After Hair Transplant Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on February 2nd, 2010 at 8:11 am