After Hair Transplant, Can I Sleep Normally?January 12th, 2011
Q: Can I sleep as I normally do after a hair transplant? — G.C., Los Angeles, CA
A: We ask that you sleep on your back, with your head elevated on a few pillows. By raising your head, the pillows decrease any swelling that normally occurs after the hair transplant. We also use a small injection of cortisone given in the arm to help decrease swelling.
For detailed information on caring for your scalp after a hair transplant, visit our After Hair Transplant Surgery page.Related Posts:
- If There is Some Bleeding at the Graft Site, Will it Affect Growth?
- Can Pulling Out Transplanted Hair Effect Growth After Hair Transplant?
- How Can I Make a Hair Transplant Less Obvious Post-op?
- Is it Normal to be Shedding Three Months After a Hair Transplant?
- Can Scabs Harm Hair Transplant Two Weeks After Procedure?
Tags: After Your Hair Restoration, Cortisone, Hair Transplant, Post-op, Sleep After Hair Transplant, Swelling Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on January 12th, 2011 at 4:03 pm