Hair Loss Myths Dispelled By Dr. Bernstein and CBS NewsFebruary 21st, 2011
CBS News has enlisted the help of Dr. Bernstein in dispelling a series of myths which circulate in the general public about the causes and treatments of hair loss. The feature is titled, Hey, Baldy: 10 Things You Need to Know about Hair Loss.
Horseradish and pigeon droppings. That’s the magic hair-growth potion prescribed by Hippocrates. Alas, there are so many myths about hair loss that folks today are almost as clueless as the father of medicine.
Keep reading as hair loss expert Dr. Robert Bernstein, clinical professor of dermatology at Columbia University, explodes 10 all-too-common follicle fallacies…
Do hair loss genes come from the father’s side or the mother’s? Do bald men just have more testosterone in their system? Do women experience hair loss? Find Dr. Bernstein’s answers to these questions at the CBS News feature.
Visit our hair loss section where Dr. Bernstein debunks more hair loss myths.Related Posts:
- Dr. Bernstein in New York Magazine ‘Best Doctors’ Issue for Seventeenth Consecutive Year
- New York-Presbyterian Ranked in Top 10 in Survey of America’s Best Hospitals
- Dr. Wolfeld Speaks to Causes of Common Hair Issues in Stylecaster Article
- Dr. Bernstein Notes Increasing Trend of Women Seeking Hair Loss Treatments in New York Post Article
- Treatments for Hair Loss in Women Detailed in Article Featuring Dr. Bernstein
Tags: CBS News, Clinical Professor of Dermatology, Columbia University, Genes, Genetic Hair Loss, Hair Loss, Hair Loss in Women, Hair Loss Myths, Testosterone Posted on February 21st, 2011 at 9:08 am