After FUT Hair Transplant Surgery, Can I Travel on an Airplane with Surgical Staples?June 28th, 2005
Q: I’ll be traveling from New York to Cincinnati the week after my hair transplant. Will I be able to get through airport security if I have staples?
A: Yes. Although the staples that we use to close the donor area after hair transplant or restoration procedures are made of stainless steel, they are too small to be picked up by metal detectors.
I generally prefer staples, as they are superior to sutures in preserving donor hair.Related Posts:
- How Long Do Stitches Stay in After a Hair Transplant?
- When Are Surgical Staples Removed After Hair Transplant?
- After an FUT Hair Transplant, When Do Staples Come Out?
- Does FUT Hair Transplant Use Sutures or Surgical Staples?
- Why Change from Sutures to Surgical Staples in FUT Hair Transplants?
Topic: Sutures & Staples
Tags: Donor Area Closure, Donor Hair, FUT Donor Wound Closure, Staples vs Sutures, Surgical Staples, Sutures Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on June 28th, 2005 at 12:23 pm
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.