How Long After Facelift Can I Have Hair Transplant?July 25th, 2013
Q: I am having a facelift next month and also want to have a hair transplant soon after. How long should I wait between procedures?
A: Although it would be possible to do a hair transplant as soon as a week after a face or brow lift, ideally one should wait at least three months between procedures for the following reasons: 1) there will be less tension in the donor area and, therefore, it will be possible to harvest more grafts, 2) if there is any shedding from the facelift it will make the planning of the hair transplant more difficult, 3) it will leave the option of adding hair, in or around, any problematic surgical scars, and 4) will provide the ability to add hair to any area of thinning that might result from the facelift.
- Can a Hair Transplant Treat an African-American Woman with Scarring (Cicatricial) Alopecia?
- How Many Hair Transplants Will I Need?
- Can A Hair Transplant Completely Replace My Lost Hair?
- Can A Hair Transplant Damage Existing Hair Follicles In A Thinning Area?
- How Experienced Are Bernstein Medical Hair Restoration Technicians?
Topic: Hair Transplant
Tags: Brow Lift, Donor Area, Facelift, Hair Transplant, Hair Transplant to Camouflage Scar, Scalp Laxity, Shedding Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on July 25th, 2013 at 6:14 pm
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.