Will Rogaine Still Be Effective if Used Once a Day Instead of Twice a Day?July 20th, 2006
Q: If Rogaine is used only once a day will it still be effective?
A: Once a day topical use of Rogaine (topical minoxidil 2% and 5%) is probably almost as effective as using it twice a day. The reason is, although minoxidil has a relatively short half-life of several hours when given orally, when topically applied, it has a half-life of 22 hours in the skin.
This suggests that once-a-day dosing is a reasonable option. It is important to realize that Pfizer, the company that now makes Rogaine, specifically states that it will be less effective if used only once a day.
- Is the Dose of Finasteride the Same for Everyone?
- Does Propecia Work in Older Patients?
- Does Propecia Work for Life or Does it Stop Working Over Time?
- Is Propecia and/or Rogaine Mandatory after a Hair Transplant?
- Do Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) Work on Front of the Scalp?
Topic: Drugs (Medications)
Tags: Hair Loss Medication, Hair Loss Treatment, Medication Half-Life, Pfizer, Pharmeceutical Companies, Rogaine (Minoxidil) Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on July 20th, 2006 at 9:11 am