Can Hair Loss Be Induced By Acne Medication Accutane?March 10th, 2008
Q: I have hair loss due to a treatment of Accutane. I have been off this medication for about a year and a half now, yet my hair has not recovered. The texture of my hair has completely changed. Given the fact that there is no family history linking me to male pattern baldness, I attribute my hair loss exclusively to Accutane. What should I do?
A: If the texture alone has changed there is nothing you can do except to wait. The texture should improve over time even though it has already been 18 months.
- Is the Dose of Finasteride the Same for Everyone?
- Does Propecia Work in Older Patients?
- Does Propecia Work for Life or Does it Stop Working Over Time?
- Is Propecia and/or Rogaine Mandatory after a Hair Transplant?
- Do Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) Work on Front of the Scalp?
Topic: Drugs (Medications)
Tags: Accutane, Alopecia, Family History, Genetic Hair Loss, Hair Quality, Hair Texture, Male Pattern Baldness, Male Pattern Hair Loss, Propecia (Finasteride) Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on March 10th, 2008 at 7:25 am