Q: How does laser therapy work?
A: The actual mechanism by which Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) stimulates hair growth (i.e., increases the anagen phase of the hair cycle) is still unknown. Possible mechanisms include the following:
- Stimulating the production of various growth factors (insulin-GF, vascular endothelial-GF, fibroblast-GF)
- Dilating the blood vessels of the hair follicles
- Increasing the production of ATP (molecular energy) in the cells through its effects on mitochondria.
Q: How much does the LaserComb cost?
A: There are two types of HairMax Laser Combs currently available:
- The Premium Comb has 9 laser beams and the cost is approximately $545.00 plus shipping.
- The SE Compact version of the Laser Comb has 5 laser beams and costs $395.00.
Browse Hair Restoration Answers by topic: