Board Certified DermatologistsWhether you are exploring hair loss treatments or hair transplant surgery, it is important that you first have a thorough personal consultation with an experienced, professional hair restoration physician. At Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration, we provide you with a one-on-one consultation with Dr. Bernstein or Dr. Shah, both board certified dermatologists. We have no sales representatives in our practice. During your consult, your doctor will determine the cause of your hair loss and discuss the best possible medical and surgical options for you.
Key reasons to visit our state-of-the-art hair restoration facility in New York City:
- Dr. Bernstein is a Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Columbia University in New York. He is the world’s most published authority on FUT and FUE procedures.
Follicular Unit TransplantationHe is continually developing new technologies to enhance and improve surgical hair transplantation. Dr. Shah specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of alopecia in women and has particular empathy and understanding for women suffering from hair loss.
- At Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration you can expect a thorough, honest evaluation of the causes for your hair loss and your best possible treatment options. The evaluation will include an assessment of density and miniaturization using video densitometry, an explanation of your Norwood Class (in men) or Ludwig Class (in women) and the various therapeutic options available to you. When appropriate, lab tests and/or biopsies will be performed. Click here to inquire about a consultation.
- A hair transplant will only be recommended if you are found to be a good candidate for surgery. Some of the important criteria for being a good surgical candidate include: cosmetically significant hair loss, a stable donor area and an adequate donor supply of hair. These will be assessed at the time of your consult.
- All procedures at Bernstein Medical are performed using Dr. Bernstein’s pioneering hair restoration techniques. These include Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT), a procedure that Dr. Bernstein developed, and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), a procedure of which Dr. Bernstein has been a leading innovator.
- Bernstein Medical is the first hair restoration center on the East Coast and one of the first worldwide to use Robotic FUE. We are the first to offer our Robotic FUE patients smaller customized punch sizes and computerized follicular unit graft selection. These techniques enhance follicular unit extraction based on the hair characteristics of each individual patient.
- Our New York facility is conveniently located in mid-town Manhattan and is accessible by car or public transportation. View directions to our New York hair transplant center.
- Bernstein Medical is known for the creation of natural hairlines and undetectable hair transplant results.
- A significant part of the practice at Bernstein Medical is devoted to hair transplant repair with many patients coming to us to correct outdated or poorly-executed hair transplantation procedures.
- Our fees are based upon the actual number of grafts transplanted.
- Dr. Bernstein has been the recipient of many honors and awards as well as international and domestic recognition. He is the recipient of the “Platinum Follicle Award” for “Outstanding achievement in basic scientific or clinically-related research in hair restoration.” This is the highest honor awarded by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.
- Dr. Bernstein has been among America’s top doctors and has been selected as one of New York Magazine’s “Best Doctors in New York” for thirteen consecutive years.
- Dr. Bernstein has been featured on: The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Dr. Oz Show, Good Morning America, The Today Show, The Discovery Channel, The Early Show, CBS News, Fox News, GQ Magazine, Men’s Health, Vogue, Interview Magazine, and the New York Times.
- Our hair restoration patients come from all over the world for our cutting edge technology, aesthetic mastery of hair restoration, and our strict adherence to medical ethics.
- In all of our hair transplant procedures we use special temperature-sensitive holding solutions and other techniques to maximize graft survival.
- All members of Bernstein Medical’s clinical staff have been personally trained by Dr. Bernstein and are among the most experienced in the world at performing follicular unit transplantation and follicular unit extraction.
- The Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration offers educational materials on hair loss and hair transplantation to give you a thorough understanding of your hair loss and treatment options. Patient education is a primary focus in our practice.
- BernsteinMedical.com is the most comprehensive website on surgical hair restoration of any medical practice in the world.
- We pride ourselves on being accessible to our patients at all times.
ARTAS Robotic System for FUE
at Bernstein Medical
Platinum Follicle Award
Best Doctors in New York – 13 Years
Award for Best Online Health Information