Dr. Bernstein Notes Increasing Trend of Women Seeking Hair Loss Treatments in New York Post ArticleApril 19th, 2016
As the taboo of women’s hair loss gradually dissipates, more women than ever are seeking treatment for hair loss caused by stress, pregnancy, genetics, and a variety of other medical conditions and behavioral causes. Dr. Bernstein is quoted in an article in the New York Post identifying the upward trend of women seeking hair loss treatments.
“Approximately 40 percent of women experience some form of hair loss in their lives, and stress is the second biggest cause after genetics,” says Dr. Robert Bernstein, a professor of dermatology at Columbia University and a hair restoration specialist with a Midtown practice. “Over the last five years there had been a 50 percent increase in the number of women coming to our office to seek help.”
The article discussed four women of varying ages who sought treatment for different hair loss conditions. Among the treatments discussed are Rogaine for Women, Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP), and Laser Therapy.
- Dr. Wolfeld Helps Pick Best Hair Loss Treatments at Reviews.com
- Dr. Wolfeld Speaks to Causes of Common Hair Issues in Stylecaster Article
- Bernstein Medical Doctors on Dr. Oz Show Discuss Hair Loss Treatments for Women with Thinning Hair
- Treatments for Hair Loss in Women Detailed in Article Featuring Dr. Bernstein
- Dr. Bernstein Speaks About Hair Extensions and Traction Alopecia in NYC Website for Women
Tags: Causes of Hair Loss in Women, Hair Loss in Women, Hair Loss in Women Taboo, Hair Transplant in Women, Laser Therapy in Women, Minoxidil 5% for Women, New York Post, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), PRP to Treat Hair Loss, Rogaine for Women Posted on April 19th, 2016 at 2:13 pm