O, The Oprah Magazine Discusses Hair Loss In Women, Female Hair Transplants With Dr. BernsteinFebruary 26th, 2010
O, The Oprah Magazine featured hair loss in women in the beauty section of their March 2010 issue.
Dr. Bernstein was consulted for the article:
Hair transplant: A possibility if your hair loss is concentrated in specific areas. Hair follicles (in groups of up to four) are surgically removed from an area on your scalp where growth is dense and then implanted in the thinning patches. Since female hair loss is often diffuse, only about 20 percent of female patients with thinning hair are candidates, says Robert Bernstein, MD, a New York City dermatologist who specializes in these surgeries. (The price tag can run from $3,000 to $15,000.)
In October 2008 Dr. Bernstein appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show, where he spoke with Oprah and Dr. Mehmet Oz about hair transplantation and gave a live demonstration featuring the hair transplant results of one of his patients.
Watch a video clip of Dr. Bernstein and Oprah discussion hair transplantation.
Read the full article at Oprah.com.
“The Truth About Hair Loss,” “O” – Oprah Magazine, March 2010; p90.
- Dr. Bernstein in New York Magazine ‘Best Doctors’ Issue for Seventeenth Consecutive Year
- New York-Presbyterian Ranked in Top 10 in Survey of America’s Best Hospitals
- Dr. Wolfeld Speaks to Causes of Common Hair Issues in Stylecaster Article
- Dr. Bernstein Notes Increasing Trend of Women Seeking Hair Loss Treatments in New York Post Article
- Dr. Andrew Ordon of “The Doctors” and Dr. Bernstein Discuss the Latest Advances in Robotic Hair Transplants
Tags: Dermatologist, Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Robert M. Bernstein, Female Hair Loss, Female Hair Transplant, Hair Follicle, Hair Loss in Women, Hair Transplant, Hair Transplants, Male Hair Loss, New York, O The Oprah Magazine, Oprah Winfrey Show, Thinning Hair Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on February 26th, 2010 at 12:12 am