Dr. Bernstein’s Hair Restoration Innovations Acknowledged In ‘Millennium Paper’ History Of Dermatologic SurgeryJanuary 7th, 2000
The innovations Dr. Bernstein has described through his medical publications are now a part of history. In the Millennium Paper of the journal Dermatologic Surgery, a comprehensive history of the field of dermatologic surgery cites Dr. Bernstein as being one of the three physicians who played a leading role in hair transplantation in the 1980′s and 1990′s.
“Millennium Paper: A History of Dermatologic Surgery in the United States,” draws on research and papers authored over the past 100 years to develop a timeline of the most important advances. The article appears in the January 2000 issue of Dermatologic Surgery (Volume 26, Issue 1).
Dr. Bernstein’s 1995 publication ‘Follicular Transplantation’ was the first to describe the use of naturally-occurring follicular units as the basis for surgical hair restoration. This paper and others have secured Dr. Bernstein’s place in the “long and distinguished history” of cutaneous surgery.
Millennium Paper: A History of Dermatologic Surgery in the United States. Dermatologic Surgery 2000; 26(1): 5-11.
- Dr. Bernstein Named Inaugural Fellow of ISHRS (FISHRS)
- Dr. Bernstein’s Key Contributions to Hair Restoration Outlined in Historical Review of Dermatologic Surgery
- Dr. Bernstein Gives Keynote Presentation On Robotic Hair Transplantation
- Dr. Bernstein Selected For 14th Consecutive NY Magazine ‘Best Doctors’ Issue
- ‘Best Doctors’ Issue Of NY Magazine Includes Dr. Bernstein For 13th Consecutive Year
Tags: Cutaneous Surgery, Dermatologic Surgery, Dr. Bernstein Publications, Dr. Bernstein's Innovations, Follicular Transplantation, Hair Transplant Innovations, Hair Transplant Medical Publications, History of Dermatologic Surgery, Medical Literature, Medical Research, Millennium Paper Posted on January 7th, 2000 at 1:29 pm