What Are the Advantages of Robotic FUE Over Manual FUE Procedures?August 6th, 2015
Dr. Wolfeld: There are several advantages of a robotic follicular unit extraction procedure over a manual FUE procedure.
First and foremost is that FUE is a very repetitive process where you are extracting hundreds to thousands of grafts. To perform this manually hundreds or thousands of times puts a great stress on the physician. With the highly repetitive process under the stress with the constant focus of going in at the precise angle and depth, there is a risk of transection of the follicles [or damage to follicles that can render them of little value in the transplant].
The robotic procedure is able to perform this repetitive motion hundreds to thousands of times at the exact angle and depth that is necessary to extract a hair follicle while minimizing any transection of follicle.
It is a precise procedure that has refined the FUE technique and has significantly improved the quality of the grafts and the take of the grafts and the outcome that we see in an FUE procedure.
- Bald Truth Interview: How The ARTAS Robot Brings Clinic Transparency to FUE
- Bald Truth Interview: Dr. Bernstein Discusses Importance of Robotic Graft Selection
- Robotic Donor Harvesting Below Occipital Protuberance
- Long-Hair Robotic FUE Showing Donor Harvest on Sides
- Before a Robotic FUE Hair Transplant Will I Need to Shave My Head?
Topic: Robotic FUE
Tags: ARTAS Robot for FUE, Benefits of Robotic FUE, Hair Transplant Video Q&A, Manual FUE, Robotic FUE, Robotic FUE Advantages, Robotics in FUE Posted on August 6th, 2015 at 11:02 am
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.