Can You Perform a Hair Transplant Into a Burn Scar?July 17th, 2014
Here is a more detailed summary of the video:
Dr. Wolfeld: We generally perform this type of transplantation in more than one stage.
Also, if the burned scar on the scalp is thicker and less pliable than normal skin, we need to inject the scar with steroids prior to a hair transplant procedure.
After injecting the steroids, we would then proceed to transplant into a burned area of the scalp, generally starting at the periphery and working towards the center of the burned region because the peripheral regions have a better blood supply; this leads to better take of the grafts in the burned area of the scalp.
- Can a Hair Transplant Restore My Adolescent Hairline?
- For a Second Hair Transplant, Do You Recommend FUT or FUE?
- What are Follicular Units and How Do You Use Them in a Hair Transplant?
- What Is The Recovery Time After A Robotic FUE Hair Transplant?
- Can a Hair Transplant Fill in Thinning in the Temple Area After a Facelift?
Topic: Hair Transplant
Tags: Follicular Unit Extraction, Follicular Unit Transplantation, Hair Transplant in Scar, Hair Transplant Video Q&A Posted by Michael B. Wolfeld M.D. on July 17th, 2014 at 11:58 am
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.