Dr. Bernstein Discusses ARTAS Robotic FUE System on NY1February 24th, 2012
Here is a partial transcript:
A new robot could help return hair to those of us who, as we get older, find ourselves a bit follically challenged. Called the ARTAS System from Restoration Robotics, it was recently approved by the FDA to help with a type of hair transplantation technique called follicular unit transplantation where follicular units, groups of one to four hairs, are removed directly from the back of the head and transplanted on the top and front. Removing those units has always proved to be the toughest part of this method, but the robot changes that, which is why even Dr. Robert Bernstein – the man who’s widely credited with developing follicular unit transplantation and [follicular unit extraction] – jumped to be among the first in the U.S. to use the device.
Video clip provided by NY1
- Bald Truth Interview: How The ARTAS Robot Brings Clinic Transparency to FUE
- Bald Truth Interview: Dr. Bernstein Discusses Importance of Robotic Graft Selection
- Robotic Donor Harvesting Below Occipital Protuberance
- Long-Hair Robotic FUE Showing Donor Harvest on Sides
- Before a Robotic FUE Hair Transplant Will I Need to Shave My Head?
Topic: Robotic FUE
Tags: ARTAS Robot for FUE, Follicular Unit, Follicular Unit Extraction, Graft Numbers, Graft Yield, Image-guided Robotic System, Restoration Robotics, Robotics in FUE Posted on February 24th, 2012 at 4:04 pm
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.