Will Propecia Cause Or Inhibit Chest Hair Growth?June 9th, 2010
Q: I am currently 28. I have been taking Propecia for 6 years and recently began to grow sparse chest hair for the first time in my life. Is the Propecia causing these effects?
A: DHT causes male pattern baldness and stimulates the growth of body hair. The use of Finasteride, a DHT blocker, will permit scalp hair to grown and inhibit the growth of body hair, not stimulate it.
However, the effects on body hair are quite small, so your natural tendency to grow chest hair over time is probably not being blocked by the treatment.
Read more about propecia and the effects and effectiveness of the medication.Related Posts:
- Is the Dose of Finasteride the Same for Everyone?
- Does Propecia Work in Older Patients?
- Does Propecia Work for Life or Does it Stop Working Over Time?
- Is Propecia and/or Rogaine Mandatory after a Hair Transplant?
- Do Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) Work on Front of the Scalp?
Topic: Drugs (Medications)
Tags: Body Hair, Chest Hair, DHT, Hair Growth, Male Pattern Baldness, Propecia (Finasteride) Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on June 9th, 2010 at 12:25 pm