Why Recommend FUT Not FUE If I Have No Linear Scar?March 1st, 2013
Q: If I have no linear scar and I can exercise right away, why would you ever recommend FUT instead of FUE?
A: I advise FUT because the grafts are of better quality (less transaction and more support tissue surrounding the follicle) and because more hair can be obtained from the mid-portion of the permanent zone –- which is where the hair is the best quality and most permanent. For the majority of patients a linear scar buried in the donor hair is not an issue. Each patient has to weigh the pros and cons of each procedure when making a decision.
- Is FUE or FUT Better for an MMA Fighter?
- What Is Your Opinion on Doctors Performing Only FUT or Only FUE?
- If I Was Told That I Am Not A Good Candidate For An FUT Procedure Can I Have FUE?
- Why FUT Hair Transplant For One Person, FUE For Another?
- After Hair Transplant, is Recovery Faster with FUT or FUE?
Topic: FUE vs FUT
Tags: Exercise After Hair Transplant, FUE, FUE Scarring, FUE vs. FUT, FUT, FUT Scarring, Hair Transplant Scar, Line Scar, Permanent Hair Zone Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on March 1st, 2013 at 12:35 pm
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.