When Will Propecia be Available in Generic Form?July 14th, 2006
Q: I heard that Proscar, the 5mg version of finasteride, is now generic. Is that correct and is Propecia going generic as well?
A: Yes, Finasteride 5mg (Proscar) is now available in a generic formulation. It is my understanding that Finasteride 1mg (Propecia) will not be available generically until the year 2012.Related Posts:
- Is the Dose of Finasteride the Same for Everyone?
- Does Propecia Work in Older Patients?
- Does Propecia Work for Life or Does it Stop Working Over Time?
- Is Propecia and/or Rogaine Mandatory after a Hair Transplant?
- Do Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) Work on Front of the Scalp?
Topic: Drugs (Medications)
Tags: Generic Drugs, Hair Loss, Hair Loss Medication, Hair Loss Treatment, Propecia (Finasteride), Proscar Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on July 14th, 2006 at 7:47 am