Can I Treat Early Hair Loss with Laser Comb and What Age Should I Start?March 9th, 2007
Q: If I’m 20 years old and haven’t lost any hair yet, should I start using a laser comb now?
A: One should not treat hair loss until it actually occurs.
That said, once there is clear evidence that a person is thinning, non-surgical treatments are best started early to prevent further hair loss.
It is important to keep in mind that finasteride (Propecia) is still the most effective treatment for early hair loss and has a good record for at least some long-term effectiveness. It is not clear what additional benefit the laser-comb will have.Related Posts:
- How Does Laser Therapy (LLLT) Actually Work to Grow Hair?
- Which Handheld Laser Therapy Device Do You Recommend?
- Is LaserComb FDA Approved to Treat Hair Loss in Women?
- Is Laser Therapy With Hand-held LaserComb Better Than Revage Helmet Unit?
- Does Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) Affect Hair Loss in Men and Women Differently?
Topic: Laser Therapy
Tags: Early Hair Loss, Hair Thinning, Laser Comb, Laser Therapy, Propecia (Finasteride) Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on March 9th, 2007 at 7:17 am