What is the Effect of Propecia on a Hair Transplant?March 19th, 2012
Q: Is taking Propecia absolutely essential to retain the transplanted hair after a hair transplant? — D.W., Toronto, Canada
A: Propecia (Finasteride 1mg) does not affect transplanted hair. The purpose of taking finasteride is to prevent further loss of the non-transplanted hair after the hair restoration procedure.Related Posts:
- Is the Dose of Finasteride the Same for Everyone?
- Does Propecia Work in Older Patients?
- Does Propecia Work for Life or Does it Stop Working Over Time?
- Is Propecia and/or Rogaine Mandatory after a Hair Transplant?
- Do Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) Work on Front of the Scalp?
Topic: Drugs (Medications)
Tags: Hair Loss, Hair Loss Medication, Newly Transplanted Hair, Propecia (Finasteride), Propecia After Hair Transplant, Propecia Effects on Hair Transplant Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on March 19th, 2012 at 7:13 pm