What Does the ARTAS Robotic System for Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Actually Do?June 3rd, 2011
Q: What does the ARTAS™ robotic system for Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) actually do? — E.J., Plainsboro, NJ
A: The ARTAS robotic system for hair restoration is a computer assisted system, made by a company called Restoration Robotics, that utilizes image-guided robotics to increase the quality of the hair follicles harvested during FUE. It aids in the initial part of the FUE hair transplant procedure where follicular units are separated from the surrounding tissue. The system is operated under direct physician supervision.
- How are Recipient Sites Programmed into the ARTAS Robot?
- Will Robotic FUE Reduce the Cost Per Graft for FUE Procedures?
- How Does the ARTAS Robot Avoid Transection of Hair Follicles During Recipient Site Creation?
- Why is Robotic Recipient Site Creation an Advantage?
- How Does the ARTAS Robotic System Make Recipient Sites in a Hair Transplant?
Topic: Robotic FUE
Tags: ARTAS Robot for FUE, Follicular Unit Extraction, Follicular Unit Harvesting, Image-guided Robotic System, Restoration Robotics, Robotics in FUE Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on June 3rd, 2011 at 5:13 pm
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.