Can I Treat Hair Loss Using Rogaine and Propecia Together?August 7th, 2006
Q Do Rogaine and Propecia work synergistically?
A: They are synergistic, since the mechanisms of action are different.
Rogaine directly stimulates hair growth, while Propecia is permissive for hair growth by blocking DHT, the byproduct of testosterone that causes hair to miniaturize and eventually disappear.
The important thing to remember, however, is that for most people, Propecia is far more effective.Related Posts:
- Is the Dose of Finasteride the Same for Everyone?
- Does Propecia Work in Older Patients?
- Does Propecia Work for Life or Does it Stop Working Over Time?
- Is Propecia and/or Rogaine Mandatory after a Hair Transplant?
- Do Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) Work on Front of the Scalp?
Topic: Drugs (Medications)
Tags: DHT, DHT Blockers, Hair Loss Medication, Hair Loss Treatment, Hair Restoration, Miniaturization, Propecia (Finasteride), Rogaine (Minoxidil), Testosterone, Thinning Hair Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on August 7th, 2006 at 10:07 am